Nov 09 2011
This morning 4 crows brought me 4 cupcakes to celebrate Outside My Window‘s 4th birthday.
They say it’s a thank you gift from the Winter Crow Flock for my enthusiastic love of birds. I guess their elders have forgiven me for liking peregrines so much.
These four crows are juveniles (the pink around their bills is the hint) so they missed last year’s blog statistics and are insisting on an update. To appease them, here are some numbers:
- Number of posts since Outside My Window began: 1,273
- Total number of comments: 5,979 (wow!)
- Most prolific topic: Peregrine falcons (of course!), 310 entries
- Top viewed posts in the past year: Falcon or Hawk?, Sad News of Yellow’s death and Where Do Rabbits Go in the Winter?
- Most commented post in the past year (not including Facebook comments): Where Do Rabbits Go in the Winter? (who knew!)
- My two favorite photos this year: Close-up at Tarentum and Porcelain.
- I was most amazed to learn that a species of bird lays its egg on a bare branch and chipmunks fight.
Numbers aside, I enjoy writing and am grateful to you, my readers, for your comments, suggestions and contributions. A huge thank you goes to the many photographers who’ve contributed photos and videos to the site. Without you I’d just be a pile of words.
So a big thank you and round of applause from me to you for 4 wonderful years together.
Ooops! The crows are getting impatient.
“Blow out the candles! We want to eat!”
(party crows by Joan Guerin)
p.s. Do you have a favorite post? A suggestion for new topics? Leave a comment and let me know.