May 05 2013
Cape May warblers are some of the many wonderful birds at Magee Marsh, Ohio this year.
Other highlights on the south shore of Lake Erie include:
- An eye level look at a cerulean warbler,
- Discovering that a brown lump in a field was an American golden-plover when he turned around,
- Finding two soras in the reeds … and then they mated,
- Seeing a great horned owl nestling with pretty face feathers,
- And watching a sora cross the road. He made himself into a ball so he looked like a very slow, round muskrat without a tail (was this camouflage?) and risked his life by walking slowly in front of traffic. Fortunately all the drivers were birders and we stopped to stare and spare his life.
Glad to be here!
(photo by Bobby Greene)