This Watch is 98% fun and only 2% rescue. The nest site is so high that only one fledgling out of 43 has ever been rescued from the ground.(*)
Stop by the tent and join the fun. Watch C1 walk on the ledges and exercise her wings. See her parents, Hope and Terzo, show off with some really cool flight demonstrations. Learn about peregrines and swap stories including news of Pitt peregrine alumni and the Downtown peregrines.
Here’s the schedule, weather permitting. The Watch will be cancelled for bad weather, so check my Events page for updates. NOTE THE CHANGES MADE BELOW!
- Tuesday, June 7, Noon to 2:00pm. Tuesday CANCELLED. I'll be at Downtown Fledge Watch because those youngsters are fledging now and need observers in case of rescue.
- Wednesday, June 8, Noon to 2:00pm. Wednesday CANCELLED. Again, I'll be at Downtown Fledge Watch because those youngsters need observers in case of rescue.
- Thursday, June 9,
8:30 to 9:30am +Noon to 2:00pm. Only a midday watch today. Will C1 be ledge walking today? If so she'll be easy to see from Schenley Plaza.
- Friday, June 10,
8:30 to 9:30am +Noon to 2:00pm. Only a midday watch today.
- Saturday, June 11, 9:00 to 11:00am + Noon to 3:00pm. I'll be covering the morning Watch. John English will cover noon to 3:00pm.
- Sunday, June 12, 11:00am to 1:00pm. Perhaps C1 will fledge today ... or tomorrow.
- Monday, June 13, noon to 2:00pm. Check the Events page for updates to this schedule.
Plan on joining me at the Schenley Plaza tent for Pitt Peregrine Fledge Watch.
(photo of the Schenley Plaza tent by Kate St. John)