Peregrine nesting season is only two months away but it feels like an eternity right now. To get in the mood, here are some highlights from the Pitt peregrines in 2018.
- First egg 6 Mar 2018. This is the earliest ever laid at the Pitt nest.
- Second egg on 9 Mar. Ultimately four eggs by 14 Mar.
- Bad News Again! As in prior years, Hope ate two of her chicks as they hatched.
- The remaining two chicks were banded on 11 May.
- Flapping, fledging and feeding, 26 May to 3 June.
- Hope and Terzo bowed at year’s end, 28 Dec 2018.