Dec 09 2010
Do you know whose nests these are?
Here’s some information that may help you answer the question:
- The nests are round and about the size of a beachball.
- They’re as much as 70 feet above the ground. Click on the nest photo to see what they look like from a distance.
- The outer layer is often covered in leaves.
- The inside is lined with moss, grasses, shredded bark, etc.
- The opening of this nest is not on top. Instead it faces the tree trunk. Can you guess where the opening is on a nest that has no trunk near it?
- Believe it or not, this nest is water resistant.
So, whose nest is this? Leave a comment with your answer.
(photos by Marcy Cunkelman)