26 August 2023
Well, mostly “this week.” Two photos are older but I didn’t have room for them last time. Here’s a selection spanning 12 days.
- Orange jewelweed (Impatiens capensis), above, does well at ASWP’s Beechwood Nature Center but is nearly extirpated from Schenley Park by deer overbrowse.
- Tiny pink and white flowers of willow-herb (Epilobium sp) at West Penn Park on Polish Hill.
- Sneezeweed at ASWP’s Beechwood Nature Center. They’ve cultivated many native flowers in the meadows.
- Porcelain berry leaves have many shapes, even on the same plant. A photo of four shapes.
- Great lobelia at ASWP’s Beechwood Nature Center.
- Pink-orange sunrise on 24 August.
(photos by Kate St. John)