28 October 2023
The last full week of October brought beautiful weather and fall foliage to Southwestern Pennsylvania. Early mornings were chilly but warmed up quickly. Here are a few scenes from the week.
- Frick Park is beautiful in early morning sunlight on 26 October. With Charity Kheshgi.
- American beech leaves in Schenley Park show three color stages: green, yellow, brown.
- Sugar maple leaf is red at SGL 203, Marshall Twp
- The arching trunks of a mature Norway maple in Shadyside, City of Pittsburgh.
- Fall colors reflecting on Lake Arthur at Moraine State Park.
- Beautiful sunrise on 26 October. Three crows pass by on their way from the roost.
Golden yellow is a them from leaves to sky.
(photos by Kate St. John)